Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Word in Sentence 1

amdjkrleoinfjthykdldieosmsngjfhryrilpoiejdhdgfbryueiwowpqlxmdkdjdhdgfbvns
Here are some exercises of Vocabulary.
Choose the most suitable word for the blank in each sentence

amdjkrleoinfjthykdldieosmsngjfhryrilpoiejdhdgfbryueiwowpqlxmdkdjdhdgfbvns
 <!-- Begin BidVertiser code -->
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.1" SRC="http://bdv.bidvertiser.com/BidVertiser.dbm?pid=674189%26bid=1684168" type="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
<!-- End BidVertiser code --> 
1. I’m hungry. Do we have any ____ in the  house ?  
                    [feel,   feet,   food,   foot]
2. I’m not ready yet. Could you _____ a few minutes, please ?  
                    [wait,  wake,  wet,  white]
3. I’ve bought some postcards. I’m going to  ______ the to my friends
                    [second,  send,  set,  sing]



4. I’m not sure whether I’m free tomorrow. I’ll look in my _____.  
                    [daily,  dear,  diary,  dictionary]
5. I’m sorry, but I can’t understand. I don’t _____ French. 
                    [say,   speak,    speech,    steep]
6. In a dollar there are 100 _____   
                    [centres,  cents,  sends,  sets ]
7. I need a dark glasses because the sun is very _______ today
                    [bridge,  bright,  fine,  hot]
8. In French history, Napoleon is a very ______
                    [family,  famous,  farmer,  known]
9. In hot weather, I like eating______ to cool me.
                    [eyes cream, ice clean, ice cream, ice green]
10. In school, English is the _____ I like best.
                     [learn,  subject,  subway,  teach]
11. In my work at the bank, I have to ______ all kinds of people.
                     [daily,   deal,   dear,   double]
12. In winter, Dick always ______ an umbrella in case it rains.
                     [cares,  carriage,  carries,  cries]
13. I offer Connie $ 50 for her cat, but she didn’t _______ it.
                     [accept,  except,  receive,  give]
14. I put milk in y tea, but no _______.
                     [shoulder, success, sugar, summer]
15. I saw the first part of a good film on TV last night. The second _______ is tonight.
                     [park,  port,  part,  pear]
16. I speak Chinese and English, but no other ______.
                    [landing, language, voyage, speech]
17. Is your shirt made of wool ? No, it’s made of _____.
                    [cloth, cotton, cousin, curtain]
18. I think it’s expensive here, but Casey doesn’t _____ . He says it’s cheap.
                    [accept, agree, believe, think]
19. It’s the last day of the ______. Tomorrow we start  May.
                    [money, month, mouse, mouth]
20. It’s twelve o’clock in the __________ of the night.
                    [center, centre, middle, minute]
21. It rained a few minutes ago, and the _______ is still wet, so don’t sit on it.
                    [glass, ground, group, grow]
22. Africa used to be called the Dark _______ because  so little of it was known to Europeans.
                    [count,    contest,    continent,     continue ]
23. After eating all those green apples, Jim got a bad  _______ .
                    [ache stomach, middle pain, stomachache, stumble ache]
24. After our soup and meat, we got a sponge _______.
                    [public,  pudding,  pulling, putting]
25. Our school has a PTA, Parents-Teachers _______.
                    [Association, Astonishment ,  Attention, Situation]
26. All the workers in our company belong to the same ________.
                    [joint,  together,  union,  unite]
27. Americans often have eggs and __________ for breakfast.
                   [bacon,  baker,  baking,  banker]
28. As our ship was about to leave, we went ______ quickly.
                   [a board, aboard, abroad, ahead]
29. Be careful! We’re going to hit the shore! Try to ____ the boat straight.
                  [stare,  steer,  stir,  stars]
30. Before I decide what to do, I have to _______ with my partner. 
                  [concert, consult, insult, result]



[Reference: Hill, L.A (1985) Word Power: Vocabulary Tests & Exercises, Hong Kong, Oxford ]University Press

1 comment:

  1. Usually I do not learn article on blogs, however I would like to say
    that this write-up very compelled me to take a look at and do so!
    Your writing style has been surprised me. Thanks, very nice
    post.

    ReplyDelete